Dear Family & Friends: We are having so many new and exciting adventures to tell you about. We get up around 5:45am and go as fast as we can until bedtime, learning our new responsibilities and having a peek at this BEAUTIFUL country. We hope in this blog we can express how blessed we are to testify of Jesus Christ and serve Him in this amazing corner of the world! HAERE MAI* to our blog, we're glad you are visiting us!.....(*This means 'WELCOME' in the Maori language)

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hard at Work

Here I am right next to the door of our office.  One of the first assignments we had was to take photos and write a story about a 'Mormon Helping Hands' humanitarian project.  This was my favorite photo from that day, and is still my favorite photo of all the photos I have taken while here.  I haven't decided yet whether I will take this with me when we leave or if I will leave it here so a little part of me will remain in NZ.

Welcome to our little cubbyhole where we spend our time when we are not traveling.  It's a pretty cozy  fit for us, but we have a big window, and most days we see a parade of dramatic clouds floating past. 

Here is the top of our file cabinet with some of our personal stuff, including our favorite office decor, our family photo.

We spend most of our days at our computers surrounded by very messy desks.  A picture of Christ watches over us.  We truly feel our Savior has watched over us every day.  We have been safe and healthy and have such favorable circumstances in which to work.  We would never have been able to learn this job or have the confidence to do what we have done on our own.

4 comments:

  1. This was so fun. Seeing where you work and serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this blog. I have wanted to see your work stations for several months. You both look happy. The wide angel makes your office look much bigger than it probably is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your little office and working area. That favorite photo of yours is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete