Dear Family & Friends: We are having so many new and exciting adventures to tell you about. We get up around 5:45am and go as fast as we can until bedtime, learning our new responsibilities and having a peek at this BEAUTIFUL country. We hope in this blog we can express how blessed we are to testify of Jesus Christ and serve Him in this amazing corner of the world! HAERE MAI* to our blog, we're glad you are visiting us!.....(*This means 'WELCOME' in the Maori language)

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dancing is Allowed...for Senior Missionaries!




 Here we are ready to go to a fancy dress ball put on by our stake.  Missionaries, however, rarely bring ball gowns on a mission (haha), so the best we could do was for me to wear a black suit and for Jeff to wear what he wears every day, (although I thought the kiwi tie was a nice touch).  I haven't taken many photos of us together so I thought I'd take a quick one before our guests, (fellow missionary couples), came to dinner prior to the dance.  
For those of you interested:  I set my camera on a tripod, (with a diffuser on my flash to soften the light),  and we stood in front of a plain gray wall.  I tweaked the white balance to make the color 'warmer' and then I added a textured background so it wasn't quite so boring.  A few other tweaks and in 2-3 minutes I was done.  I kinda like the color wash look.

We had a fun time socializing and eating together.  Here are Elders & Sisters Halverson, Nelson, Ronnenkamp & Bertasso.

Elder & Sister McKinley are in the back.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you got such a cute picture of you both. I have got to learn how to photo shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that photo of the two of you. You will haveto send me the RAW file, I'd love to get it framed for the kids and us to look at. And I LOVE Dad's Kiwi tie.

    ReplyDelete